The users of Xfinity DVR and Xfinity X1 can make their lives even easier now with the help of Xfinity TV Remote App. This particular piece of software makes the use of separate remote obsolete. If you have an Xfinity TV subscription with a set top box, then phone or laptop can be turned into remote. It works both with the regular Xfinity DVR and Xfinity X1 setup.
Some key features of Xfinity TV Remote App include:
- Search for on-demand and live TV shows directly from the app. Then launch these shows on to TV directly.
- Explore the library containing thousands of shows and movies with various filters. Since it is an application, it works way faster compared to traditional remote.
Xfinity DVR features with Xfinity TV Remote App
The regular DVR does not have all the fancy features of X1 but still does the job. It can record the shows for you! That is pretty sick. Well apart from that, there isn’t much to talk about.
Using Xfinity TV Remote App from PC, users can go through the recordings, play them and delete after watching. Moreover, you can view and schedule the recordings directly from app.
Xfinity X1 features with Xfinity TV Remote App
X1 comes with a lot of useful features and apps of its own. However, using all of that with phone is not very efficient. Even typing on the screen with remote is painfully long process. The addition of Xfinity TV Remote App to the ecosystem makes it pretty easy to manage your X1 DVR and all its functions.
- Control and use the X1 voice input function direcly from the app.
- Control DVR recordings from the app.
- Change channels and apps easily!
- Use the channel numberpad to get the vintage feeling.
- Otherwise, just scroll through given categories and filters to get your favorite channel.
In order to use Xfinity TV Remote App, you must know the Xfinity Username and Password.
How to install Xfinity TV Remote for PC
In order to get Xfinity TV Remote for PC working on laptops and desktop computers, make sure that it is running one of these operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- Download and setup Android emulator Bluestacks 4 from HERE.
- Then download Xfinity TV Remote APK from HERE and place it anywhere on your PC.
- Next up, open Bluestacks, click on Install APK as shown here.
- Navigate to the folder where you downloaded APK previously.
- Open it and Bluestacks APK installer will take it from here.
- Alternatively, open Play Store in Bluestacks, search for “Xfinity TV Remote” and click on Install.
- Once done, go to app drawer and you will find the app there.
That’s it! Now you can use Xfinity TV Remote for PC anywhere, anytime! Feel free to leave your feedback on how this Xfinity TV Remote for PC installation guide worked out for you.