BlueStacks Inc has finally released the latest version of BlueStacks labeled as BlueStacks 3. BlueStacks successfully takes over the BlueStacks 2. The new emulator comes with a lot of goodies running atop of a brand new UI. BlueStacks 3 makes it easier for users to run multiple applications at the same time. The new app player is much more smooth, it’s preloaded with the Google Play Store, and it is now easier to access everything within your virtual Android device.
BlueStacks 3’s interface is not as confusing as it was before. After setting up the emulator, you will find a welcome screen with 4 tabs. The tabs have My Apps, App Center and the Support section. My Apps tab shows you the applications that you’ve installed in the BlueStacks. It also shows you the pre-installed system applications of BlueStacks. App Center shows you the applications recommended by BlueStacks and Of course, you do not need to know about the Support tab.
At the bottom, you can find options like Multi-instance, Google Play, Install APK and uninstall the application. Now, this is something that I personally loved about the new BlueStacks 3.
The Multi-instance feature is just cool. It simply opens up a new BlueStacks window in which you can either clone your same Google/BlueStacks account or you can login using a new BlueStacks account. This will enable users to run multiple BlueStacks at the same time giving them to manage different applications under different accounts. The multi-instance feature is useful for all the good reasons.
Google Play Store is located right on the bottom. Now you can access it straight away and look out for any application. You can install APK files either by double-clicking the APK files stored on your computer or by clicking the Install APK button in the Play Store and then selecting the APK file.
In the top menu bar, you can find the profile icon that contains all of your account details. This is the account that you have used to setup BlueStacks for the Google Apps. Right next to the account icon, there is the BlueStacks Friends menu that is about to come. You can find an option to speed-up your BlueStacks 3 app player by clicking on the icon located next to the BlueStacks Friends.
As soon as you open a game or application in BlueStacks, a taskbar appears in the footer with the keyboard option. Now you can map the keyboard according to your liking. This gives you the freedom of creating your own controls for a game.
BlueStacks 3 has made it a lot easier for the users to run Android games and applications on their PC. The previous versions of BlueStacks were not this much easy to handle and run. BlueStacks 3 will definitely set new standards for the Android emulators. If you do not own an Android device, or you simply want to enjoy Android applications and games on a bigger screen, you should definitely give BlueStacks 3 a try and see it doing the magic. Here’s how to download and install BlueStacks 3 on your Windows-powered computer.
Download and Install BlueStacks 3
How to install BlueStacks 3 and how to install/run an application or game for PC using BlueStacks 3
- Download BlueStacks 3 Setup. [BlueStacks 3 is available for Windows only. For Mac, you have to download BlueStacks.]
- Open the Setup and install BlueStacks 3.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and setup your Gmail account to be able to run Google Apps in BlueStacks 3.
- Once you have setup your Google Account and completed the initial configuration, BlueStacks will take you the My Apps window.
- In My Apps Window, you will find “Google Play Store” icon in the taskbar located at the bottom.
- Click on the Google Play Store to open it.
- In the Google Play Store, type the name of your desired game/application in the “Search” bar and look for it.
- Install the game or application now. After the installation finishes, you will find it under the “My Apps” tab.
- Get back to the My Apps tab now and open your newly installed application or game. You can now setup your custom controls as discussed above. Follow the instructions given on screen to take control of what you have installed.
How to install an application using APK file in BlueStacks 3
- Download the APK file for your desired application using a credible source.
- Open BlueStacks 3 now and go to the My Apps tab.
- Click on the Install APK button located in the tray at the bottom.
- Locate and select the APK file that you have downloaded.
- Let BlueStacks 3 install it. After installation, it will appear under My Apps. You can open it now and start using it.
Tip: The applications that you will install in BlueStacks 3 will also appear on your computer’s desktop. You can use those shortcuts to launch the application via BlueStacks directly.