Home automation is one of the key tech features we’ve all wanted to have. It is supposed to make life much easier. However, some applications do not deliver what they promise. Comcast has entered the contest with Xfinity Home App. The purpose of this app is to control most of features of house like lights, doors, locks and more directly from the application.
Xfinity Home boasts that users are free to use this even when they are not home. Therefore, you just need to make sure that all appliances and electronics are connected to internet at all times. It can control lights, cameras, door locks, motion sensors and more.
Key features of Xfinity Home App
- Remotely arm or disarm the home security system. This includes security cameras, alarms and motion sensors. Once you are in home or about to enter, then just turn it off. Otherwise, false alarms would be raised.
- Real-time alerts when alarms go off or motion detector senses something. These alerts are delivered via Email or Text messages.
- In case you have installed compatible thermostat and bulbs, these can be controlled remotely by Xfinity Home app as well.
Set up custom rules in Xfinity Home App
This is a really cool feature. This allows users to create custom commands and rules within the application. However, for it to work perfectly, it is required that all devices included are compatible with Xfinity Home service.
The rules can be anything like turn off the lights in living room when bedroom door opens. You can see an example below as well.
View the Activity Log in Xfinity Home
This feature really stands out. It is well worked out to be fair. What is does is that it logs every activity done on connected devices. Whether a door is opened or closed. A lock is closed or opened. Things like this are logged in user-friendly list. A layman can easily make sense out of this list.
Live Video Monitoring with Xfinity Home App
Having a live video monitoring is a must feature for any home security application these day. Xfinity Home also offers this feature. It is easy to use and it pretty much works like anyone expect it to be.
Control and watch multiple cameras. Moreover, name these cameras for easier identification. The cameras can automatically record clips of when it records some sort of motion.
List of Xfinity Home Compatible Devices
- Nest Learning Thermostat
- Carrier Cor
Garage Door Openers:
- Chamberlain Garage Door Opener
- LiftMaster MyQ Garage Door Opener
- Philips Hue Lights
- Lutron Caséta Wireless Light Switches and Dimmers
- Sengled Element Touch Bulb
- GE (Jasco) Wireless Light Switches and Dimmers
- LIFX Lights
- August Smart Locks
- Kwikset SmartCode Door Locks
How to install Xfinity Home for PC
Before going a step further, note that Xfinity Home for PC works only on laptops and desktop computers that are running Windows OS. Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 in particular. Follow the steps below to install Xfinity Home App on PC.
- Download and install Bluestacks 4 on your PC. Get is HERE.
- Then download Xfinity Home APK and place is anywhere on your PC. Get it HERE.
- Open Bluestacks, click on Install APK as shown here.
- Navigate to the folder where APK is places and open it.
- Bluestacks APK Installer will take care of the rest.
- Once you get the installation done notification, open app drawer in Bluestacks.
- Alternatively, open Play Store in Bluestacks, search for “Xfinity Home” and click on Install.
- You can access the Xfinity Home App on PC from the app drawer now.
Follow all the steps carefully and you have a fully functioning Xfinity Home for PC on your laptop or desktop PC now. Feel free to share your feedback in the comments section below.