Download the Etsy app on your PC. With the Etsy app, it’s incredibly easy to explore all the delightful, personalized, unique items you want.
What is the Etsy PC app?
Etsy is an online marketplace where independent crafters, artists, and collectors can sell vintage, handmade, or custom-made jewelry, clothing, home décor, art, toys, and more.
It is an online marketplace where vendors can connect with buyers. Sellers on the platform typically sell a variety of handcrafted or vintage goods.
Products sold include:
- Crafts and crafting supplies
- Paper goods
- Artisan foods
- Small-batch cosmetics
- Handmade personal care items
- Clothing and accessories
- Many artists sell digitally downloaded items, such as art prints, stationery designs, planners, or other printable documents.
How it Works
Creating a shop on Etsy for PC app is free; however, each listing that is posted in the shop costs $0.20. Each listing will remain on the shop’s page for a maximum of 4 months, or until someone buys the product.
On the Etsy PC app homepage, potential buyers can type a “product description” into the search bar, or, alternatively, they can “browse” through a list of options on the left side of the homepage, which includes Art, Home & Living, Jewelry, Women, Men, Kids, Vintage, Weddings, Craft Supplies, Trending Items, Gift Ideas, Mobile Accessories, and more.
Furthermore, buyers may choose from a list of categories by clicking on the “categories” link under “More Ways to Shop”. This will bring the user to a page of over 30 categories, each containing subcategories.
When a buyer views a product, they can choose to view the positive percentage feedback of each seller to determine the reliability of the shop. Once a buyer finds a product they would like to buy, they click “Add to Cart”, and that product is added to their virtual “Shopping Cart”. The buyer may then either continue shopping or purchase the selected item. In order to purchase items, buyers do not have to have an account with Etsy, and can instead register with a Facebook or Google account.
- The app only lists unique products in the art & craft, handmade and vintage category.
- Vintage products can only be listed if they are 20 years old.
- Sellers can create a shop.
- It offers global shipping.
- Each seller has feedback that helps buyers make the decision to buy.
- Buyers have different options to pay money which are chosen by the seller.
- Etsy is more popular among women. It has 67% women members.
How the Platform Earns
- Etsy charges sellers to list items on its platform. However the fee to list something on Etsy is as low as $0.20, but it contributes a good amount to the overall, money that Etsy makes. The amount of $0.20 is valid for 4 months
- Apart from the listing fee, Etsy also charges sellers a commission for every sale. The commission fee has been fixed at 3.5%. Sellers have the option to set their own sale price but Etsy cuts a commission of 3.5% from the sale price before paying the money to the seller.
The prices of products are set by the shop owner, but Etsy for Windows app claims 5% of the final sale price of each listing. Shop owners are sent a bill at the end of every month detailing the fees it has charged them, and they have until the 15th of the following month to pay the fees. Sellers can choose which payment options to offer buyers, including credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal, among others.
How to Install the Etsy app on Windows and Mac
- You will need to install an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks emulator.
- Complete the installation of the emulator by following the on-screen instructions.
- Open the emulator and look for the PlayStore app and click on it.
- Search for the Etsy app and click on the install button.
- Log in with your Google ID to start the download process.
You can use the app on your smartphone as well follow this LINK.