Use the LiveATC app on your PC. The app provides a quick and easy way to listen in on live conversations between pilots and air traffic controllers near many airports around the world.
What is the LiveATC app?
LiveATC for PC app is primarily a streaming audio network consisting of local receivers tuned to aircraft communications around the world. It is also a large community designed to unite pilots, student pilots, flight instructors, air traffic communication enthusiasts, FBO operators, and real-world (and virtual) air traffic controllers.
Its target audience is anyone who can learn from or just enjoys listening to or discussing aviation communication topics. The community is supported by volunteers who live within the radio range of airports and who use spare radio and computer equipment to relay airband transmissions into the LiveATC for Windows audio network.
Listen to Free Live Air Traffic Control Radio Tower, no matter where you are, United States, Canada, Japan, Russia or Mexico, you can always enjoy your Air Traffic Control – Live ATC application. With this radio air traffic control radio tower you can listen to the talks between the pilots and ground control services.
With Air Traffic Control – Live ATC application is available on the PlayStore for 3.99$
- Top 50 Feeds. View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners.
- Add Air Traffic Control Radio Tower you listen to the most to your Favorites list for quick access.
- You can quickly listen to all Air Traffic Control in the ALL LİST menu. All ATC is in Alphabetical order so you can find easily scanners that you want to listen to. (and search)
- You can always listen to the Air Traffic Control everywhere.
- Live ATC Application includes Real Air Traffic Control Radio working with live channels.
- Air Traffic Control Application includes stream player for faster playback and battery saving. Easy access and passage. User-Friendly App.
How this app Works
LiveATC for Windows provides many of the major airports feeds on the network but most of the feeds are provided by volunteers. For this reason, the app sometimes has only limited control over where (and when) new feeds come online. However, the people working do spend time actively looking for volunteers in areas around very active airports and airports that have been requested.
The requirements for a feed provider are as follows:
- Be located somewhat close to the airport (within 15mi/24km)
- Have “always-on” Internet connection (but feed uses the only 16kbps)
- Have an external or attic antenna (for optimum reception, optional)
- Have an audio cable to connect the scanner to PC sound card
- Have computer w/ spare sound card (Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux)
How to Install the LiveATC Air Radion app on Windows and Mac
Install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- You will need to install an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks emulator.
- Complete the installation of the emulator by following the on-screen instructions.
- Open the emulator and look for the PlayStore app and click on it.
- Search for the LiveATC app and click on the install button.
- Log in with your Google ID to start the download process.
You can use the app on your smartphone as well follow this LINK.
I keep getting disconnected from LiveATC ?
The Internet can sometimes be fragile, especially if you are on a cellular data connection. For that reason, you may occasionally get disconnected. The problem could be the connection between your computer and the listening server you happen to be connected to, or it could be a more widespread network problem. If all else fails just try to reconnect manually.