- 1 What is the Patch PC app?
- 2 What to Expect from the Patch app
- 3 Features – Patch Local News for Windows app
- 4 How to Install Patch Local News app on Windows and Mac
Download the Patch Local News app on PC. If you’re looking for “everything local,” Patch is the app for you. Local schools? Check. Breaking news? Check. Homes for sale?
What is the Patch PC app?
When there’s a breaking story and there always seems to be these days you’ll want one of the best news apps on your phone. When you launch a news app, you can stay informed, with the best options going beyond the headlines to help you understand more about the world around you.
Once upon a time, RSS-style feed readers were enough to stay on top of the news. These days, the best news apps offer more, whether it’s coverage from multiple sources or layouts designed with your smartphone screen in mind.
Patch Local News app is one of the greatest source of local news across America. You can get all the news related to schools, Breaking news and even ads for sale and purchase of things.
What to Expect from the Patch app
Stay up to date on your interests
The For You tab delivers the top stories across all your favorite topics and sources in one place. Deep dive into science, entertainment, fashion, sports, finance, or whatever else you care about.
One story. Numerous perspectives.
With Full Coverage, you can be informed on how a story is reported from a variety of sources. With just a tap you’ll see recent headlines from different sources, videos, local news reports, FAQs, news analysis, social commentary, and a timeline of events for stories that developed over time.
The Headlines tab offers an unfiltered view of the top and breaking news articles from around the world. Additional sections let you dig into more tech news, business news, travel news, national and international news, health, and more.
Discover new sources and topics
• Patch Local News for PC makes it easy to find and follow the sources you trust, as well as browse and discover new ones
An app built for every phone, everywhere
Patch Local News for Windows is designed to meet the needs of users with different phones and levels of connection.
When your connection isn’t strong or you need to save data, Patch will continue to work smoothly by slimming down the size of images and downloading fewer data.
Articles can be downloaded over Wi-Fi to save for reading later when you are offline.
Features – Patch Local News for Windows app
- News and events for 1,200+ Patch Towns, with more towns, added every month.
- Push notifications as important news breaks — you’ll be the first to get the scoop.
- Swipe left or right to view articles faster.
- Local weather forecasts and alerts — you’ll never be caught without an umbrella or snow boots again.
- Find local events, jobs, and announcements in your area.
- Get everything that is happening in your town in a one-scroll feed!
- Share stories to your Facebook friends or email/SMS to a friend!
- Love an article? You can bookmark it to your phone to come back and read it later.
- Want to follow multiple towns? No problem, swipe left or right to navigate between your favorite Patch towns.
How to Install Patch Local News app on Windows and Mac
- Install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- Complete the installation of the emulator on your PC, just follow the instructions shown on the screen
- Open the PlayStore app from the home screen of the emulator.
- You will then need to log in using your Google ID.
- Search for the Patch Local News app and click on the install button.
Use the Patch Local News app on your smartphone as well.