Download the Credit Karma app on your PC. Take a look at your free credit reports to learn what affects your credit score and how you can take control.
What is the Credit Karma PC app?
Credit Karma is an aptly named personal finance service. If you pay your credit card bills in full and on time every month, don’t open and close accounts frequently, stay current with loan payments, and avoid negative events, such as bankruptcies and tax liens, you’ll be rewarded with an enviable credit score. Since most of us don’t have perfect credit habits, we need to know where we stand—and how to improve that critical number. Credit Karma for PC app helps on both counts.
The main draw for Credit Karma is the ability to see your credit score for free. They were one of the first online services to offer this free perk and that’s why they are one of the largest online platforms today. Plus, they do a good job marketing through tv commercials.
Credit Karma provides you with the VantageScore 3.0 which was developed by the three credit bureaus as an alternative to the FICO scoring model. Most lenders still prefer the FICO credit score to the VantageScore, but, the VantageScore is still very similar and can give you a good idea of what your FICO score will be.
Each time you log in to Credit Karma, your score from Experian and TransUnion will update.
Services provided by Credit Karma
Besides this free service, has other related services, including a security monitoring service and alerts for new credit checks on you. Outside of Credit Karma, many of the best credit monitoring services provide similar alerts and services.
And, once it has your personal information, you can search for personalized offers for a credit card, a car loan, or a home loan, and your search won’t pop up in your credit report on Credit Karma or anywhere else. A standard section of credit reports is “inquiries,” which lists requests for your report from lenders you’ve applied to for a loan.
Credit Karma also offers personalized recommendations on money management.
- Track Your Spending: If you want, you can connect bank accounts and credit cards to your account at Credit Karma. This enables you to track your spending over time. You can categorize your spending for budgeting as well.
- Credit Score Simulator: This tool can be helpful to understand how certain events will affect your credit score. For example, you can get an idea of how applying for a new credit card will affect your score. This can be very useful if you plan to buy or refinance a mortgage and want to avoid lowering your credit score. I’ll cover this feature in more detail below.
- Search for Unclaimed Money: This is a new feature that Credit Karma recently added. You can search for unclaimed money that may belong to you. The search is by state, and you’ll be directed to a state-specific resource where you can conduct an online search.
- Free credit score and credit monitoring for life!
- Not required to apply for a credit card or loan to enjoy the free services
- Free federal and state tax preparation
- Receive a Vantage Score instead of your FICO score
- Cannot access actual credit report
How to Install the Credit Karma app on Windows and Mac
- You will need to install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- Complete the installation of the emulator
- Open the emulator, it might take some time to start depending on your internet connection.
- Look for the PlayStore app on the home screen of the emulator and open it.
- Search for the Credit Karma app, click on the install button,
- Log in using your Google ID to start the download process.
You can use the app on your smartphone as well, just follow this LINK.