Roku stick is one of the most popular streaming sticks on the planet right now! Its main competitors are Amazon Fire TV Stick and Chromecast. All of these have their own pros and cons. In this article however, we are going to go through the process of installing Spectrum TV on Roku Stick.
Since Spectrum TV is one of the most popular Live TV and on-demand streaming service, it is only fair that it works with Roku too. This stick has most of useful applications built in. These include the likes of Netflix, Hulu, YouTube. However, apps like Spectrum TV and Xfinity Stream do not come pre-packaged. The main reason for this is that, these are not very common. Although the Roku stick are used worldwide, Spectrum TV isn’t. It is only specific to certain region.
Why install Spectrum TV on Roku Stick?
Well, do you guys remember the time when big and heavy set-top boxes ruled over all streaming devices? Those days are of past now. Roku can pretty much handle anything that you throw at it. It also has a dedicated remote. Therefore, unlike Chromecast, you don’t even need a phone to use it.
The main advantage of using Roku is that you don’t have to rely on traditional cable TV anymore. Spectrum TV App on Roku works like a charm. You can watch live TV, watch on-demand TV shows and movies all in one place. This comes in addition to many other streaming and media services that the users may be subscribed to as well. In simple words, Spectrum TV and Roku combined make life much easier and clutter free!
How to install Spectrum TV on Roku
There are two main methods for this. The first method is for those users that are not using Spectrum Internet service. Therefore, they have to take some extra steps to get Spectrum TV up and running on Roku stick.
- Make an account on Roku website. Use the link HERE.
- If you already have an account, then just sign in with it otherwise make a new account.
- Activate your Roku stick using the code and then connect it to home WiFi.
- Use the remote to open Roku Channel Store.
- Hit the search icon and type “Spectrum TV”.
- Select the install option next to correct icon. Note that it is developed by Charter/Spectrum.
- Go back to app menu and open Spectrum TV icon.
- Go through all Get Started slides and then login with personal username and password.
- This username and password is obtained by subscribing to Spectrum TV stream service only.
- That’s it! Now watch your favorite TV shows and on-demand content directly on Spectrum TV Roku Stick.
- Connect your Roku stick to home WiFi whose modem is certified by Spectrum.
- This method works only for Spectrum Internet subscribers.
- Open the Roku Channel Store.
- Search for “Spectrum TV” and select install option next to correct icon. It is developed by Charter/Spectrum.
- Open the Spectrum TV App from apps menu and go through all get started slides.
- Now instead of manually entering username and password, Spectrum TV App with automatically detect and log you in.
That’s pretty much it! It is pretty easy to set up Spectrum TV on Roku stick. If you found this tutorial helpful, make sure to leave a comment below. Also use the comments section for any queries that you may have.