Download the Carb Manager app on PC. It’s FREE to use, and tracks all your macros and TRUE net carbs, subtracting sugar alcohols and fiber.
What is the Carb Manager PC app
Carb manager For PC takes “Best Overall” for best keto diet apps because it’s one of the most comprehensive on the market. You can track all of the basic metrics that are critical to the keto diet like total carbs, net carbs, and fats but you can also track ketones, blood glucose, insulin, glycemic load, and more.
On top of all that, you can track metrics that aren’t necessarily related to your diet but help you to maintain an overall healthy lifestyle, including water intake, exercise, and body weight.
What you can do
Carb Manager for Windows has a food database that’s more than one million foods strong and offers barcode scanning, photo logging, and voice command logging.
You can sync Carb Manager app to your Fitbit, Apple Watch, or other supported device, as well as connect it to several other health and fitness apps. This app also offers a wealth of recipes, educational content, grocery list building, and a community platform.
Now the big question What is the KETO diet
A ketogenic, or keto diet, is a low carbohydrate diet that some people use for weight loss or to reduce body fat percentage. The diet is high in fats, moderate in proteins, and very low in carbohydrates. People track these macronutrients (macros) with the aim of consuming them in the following ratio:
For a 2,000 calorie per day intake, this would mean consuming 20–50 grams (g) of carbohydrates.
The basic idea is to eat more fats and fewer carbs to move your body into a state known as ketosis.
The science behind the approach is to put the body into a state of ketosis. Glucose is the body’s primary source of energy, and it will choose this over any other source when it is available. People obtain glucose from carbohydrates in the diet.
During ketosis, your body converts fat into compounds known as ketones and begins using them as its main source of energy.
The challenge in following a keto diet often comes in finding the proper balance of foods. But the right technology can make all the difference.
The ketogenic, or keto, diet can sometimes sound too good to be true, though many people swear by it.
- This app allows people to track their macros and true net carbs (the number of carbs that the body absorbs), subtracting sugar alcohols and fiber. The app alerts someone if they go over their limits on specific macros.
- People are able to join a keto community and connect with friends to share their progress.
- As well as macros, they are able to track weight, exercise, calories, and water. The app also supports intermittent fasting.
- There are also many additional features, such as diet articles, forums, and weekly challenges.
- Enables tracking of several useful keto metrics
- Easy to log food through voice command, photo, or barcode scanning
- Can be synced with smartphone apps or fitness trackers
- Lets you track other lifestyle habits, like water intake and exercise
- The food database is not as extensive as other keto apps
- Premium version gets pricey
- Nutrient data isn’t always accurate because it’s entered by other users
How to Install the Carb Manager app on Windows and Mac
- You will need an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks.
- Run the EXE file on your PC and complete the installation of the emulator.
- Open the PlayStore app from the home screen of the emulator.
- You will be asked to log in using your Google ID.
- Search for the Carb Manager app
- Click on the install button to start the download process.
Use the Carb Manager app on your smartphone as well, follow this LINK.