Where is the Samsung Music app gone from my new Samsung Galaxy smartphone? This is the very first question that came to my mind after getting my new Galaxy S8. I didn’t note this on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. After finding no music player app on the Galaxy S8, I checked Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, and the Galaxy S8 Plus. None of these phones had the music application installed. However, there was the Google Play Music in the phones. I realized that Samsung has removed the Music and Video players from its phones. Samsung has released both of these applications as standalone apps in the Play Store instead.
Samsung fans, who have been using the Samsung Music player for a while, do not like the Google Play Music app at all. The reason is a not so good UI and also the confusing options in the application. I personally dislike the Google Play Music app as well and for this reason, I wanted to opt for the Samsung Music. Bringing back the missing Music app on the new Galaxy smartphone is not an issue anymore.
If you own any new Samsung smartphone including the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge or the phones that came out after these phones, you won’t find the music player on them. If you want to get the music player back, then this guide is definitely for you. Here are the detailed steps on how to install missing Samsung Music app on Samsung Galaxy phone.
Install missing Samsung Music app on Samsung Galaxy phone
- Download Samsung Music Player APK file and copy it to your phone.
- On your phone, go to settings > lock screen & Security > Unknown sources > tap the radio button to enable.
- Now on your phone, go to the file manager and locate the copied Music Player APK.
- Tap the Music Player APK to begin the installation.
- Let the installation come to an end.
- You can now find the Music application in the app drawer. That’s all.
- On your Galaxy phone, tap Apps drawer.
- In the App drawer, tap Galaxy Apps in the Samsung folder.
- In the Galaxy Apps, tap Exclusives tab.
- Now tap View All button appearing next to Galaxy Essentials.
- Here you can find all the applications that are missing from your phone.
- Find Samsung Music and install it right away. That’s all.
So that’s how we brought the missing Samsung Music back to the phone. If you need further help, do not hesitate to write us. Thank you.