Windows 10 Fall Creators update has been released today. Microsoft started working on the Fall Creators update back in April 2017. The update has been made live today and it’s rolling out in phases. The update will make its way to all the users through OTA slowly. Windows 10 Fall Creators update brings massive improvements and a lot of new goodies on-board. Windows 10 users can get this update either by trying to update their computer by going into the update settings or by download the update manually. If you are a Windows 10 user, you can follow the steps given in this guide to get Windows 10 Fall Creators update right now.
Before updating your Windows, it’s very important to learn what’s new in this update. Windows 10 Fall Creators update includes the Windows Mixed Reality feature which makes the OS compatible with most of the VR headsets available around. Microsoft has made subtle improvements in the design this time. The Microsoft Edge browser has been improved significantly. You can now pin your favourite websites to your computer’s taskbar. Microsoft has also given the My People feature to pin people and access the contact details on the go.
OneDrive integration has got a whole lot better in the Fall Creators update. The new on-demand feature will download the data only when you need it. It will not synchronize the entire files and folders before showing you or letting you download the data. It will show you the files that are locally present in your drive. It will also show you if you need to download any file. Microsoft has also improved the Task Manager. It is better at monitoring your GPU and CPU performance now. There are many Touch-Input improvements under the hood. The overall performance of the operating system has been improved in this update.
Assuming that you guys have a very good idea about the Fall Creators update, we can now move on to the tutorial explaining how to get this update.
How To Get Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Right Now
- On your computer, click on the Search button appearing in the Task Bar.
- In the search, type “Settings”.
- In Settings, go to Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Now click on “Check for updates” and let Windows check for any updates if available.
- If an update is available, your computer will start downloading the update. Wait till the update downloads and gets installed on your computer. Once the update has been installed, you will see changes immediately.
How to update to Windows 10 Fall Creators manually
- Open the Windows Update Download page.
- On the opened page, click on “Update now”.
- It will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant on your computer.
- Now run the downloaded assistant and let it check for updates.
- If it finds the update, go ahead, follow the on-screen instructions and download the update.
- Let the upgrade assistant do its job. It will automatically update your Windows to the Fall Creators version now. That’s all.